शनिवार, २८ डिसेंबर, २०१९

Being Anti-social

A: While we are talking for last half an hour, you peeked in to your mobile at least six to seven times, even though there was no call, no notification sound... Why?

B: Someone may have posted something new. on FB, Insta or some WA group that I have muted for notification. I want to be up-to-date with the latest information.

A: Why?

SavingEnergy

B: If not, I will feel left out when in a group people start talking about that particular point.

A: Why?

B: Why...? I may not be able to participate in the discusssion.

A: So?

B: It will project me as an outdated moron.

A: Outdated or out of place... moron or otherwise.

B: umm... Out of place maybe.

A: And why is that bad, considering the company?

B: ...

A: Are you up-to-date with your investments, your dues, your kid's studies, your wife/husband's current interests and pains... how often do you revisit these issues... more than six-seven times every half hour, or less?

B: ...

A: Well?

B: You are anti-social...

A: I know! But what's wrong with that?

- oOo -


संबंधित लेखन

कोणत्याही टिप्पण्‍या नाहीत:

टिप्पणी पोस्ट करा